Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Water Bottle

Ever since I saw a child's drinking cup years ago with a straw to the bottom I thought to myself, "Gee, I would like a bottle like that. Wouldn't that be nice to not have to lift up the water bottle to drink from and spill all over myself?" I thought that would be really nice! I mean, I never feel safe when I'm lifting a bottle of water to my mouth to drink. I think partially because when I tilt my head back I can't use the half of my eyes that are rolling heavenward to see if I'm about to be attacked by wild animal or ninja. Also I inevitably end up with water up my nostrils because my lip muscles aren't coordinated enough to keep water in my mouth. I'm not a super klutz though. This dribbling mainly happens when John drives over potholes or when I'm on a treadmill. (And the latter hasn't occurred for a while.)
I remember that moment though. When I thought of how handy a water bottle with a straw would be, and that they should make a version just for adults.
Then lo and behold, I came across one such bottle.

Was it in a sporting goods store, on display beside the biking and camping gear?

No.

Did the mailman hang it from his belt as he delivered our mail to the office every afternoon?

No.

Did I see it Jillian's hand as she shouted at her trainees on The Biggest Loser?

No.

Was it laying in the snow outside my door waiting for me to claim it as mine and forever have one of the coolest water bottles in the world?

YES!!!

I came home one day and saw this wonderful Camelbak bottle abandoned in the snow in our backyard, which isn't really a backyard, but some grass converted into a parking lot for us and our many freshman neighbors. I sat it upright by our door so no one would drive over it and told John that if it was still sitting there in the cold after a week, then no one wanted it and I would inherit the amazing bottle. And after anxiously waiting 7 days, I brought the bottle inside, John gave a it a good cleansing, and it's been filled with hydrating water ever since. And right after I christened it mine, Amber showed off her ultra-cool Camelbak bottle!
So needless to say, on the scale of little things making me very happy, finding this bottle makes it right near the top of the list. But seriously, if anyone is looking for their bottle let me know.

3 comments:

Amber Joy said...

you're so funny! I love how you told this. Too bad you're sneaking down to Cali with mom and Chris.
love you. you and john need to come back down for a visit!

Danielle Elliott said...

Elisha! A warning to you, the new water bottle owner, and a solution...should you need it. I too have experienced the joy of such a water bottle, and for a year enjoyed it trouble free. Until a couple weeks ago, when it developed a terror of blackness in the bitey bit. Horrible, and confusing, and impossible to remove.

Solution: yank the bitey bit off and continue using that puppy! It still works just fine. Ok, so pretty random but I thought I'd put my two cents in. Love you!

Christel louise said...

You are funny! I can only hope that I can tell stories with as much fun and pizzaz as you. Love you miss you hope you are going crazy in this busy season.

 
Header design by Volo!, Montana Web Design and Consulting