Saturday, September 6, 2008

Bonfire on the Beach!



When we were visiting Dan and Amber in Santa Maria, we stayed with them at Dan's brother Ken's house. It was an absolute blast which may sound crazy since John and I added two to the already large household of about 11. (I stopped trying to keep count after a while.) And they were ALL so sweet! We would have been happy sleeping on couches or floors, so I was amazed that Viv and Daniella gave up their room for us! And it was so good to spend that special sister time with Amber where we just get to be us, together.

One of the amazing things we did was get some firewood, load everyone in vehicles, and make awesome fire at Grover Beach. AT SUNSET!!! We walked in the waves a little, roasted marshmallows, John showed the boys how to catch sandcrabs, and then we filled a whole sand pail with gross little squirmy things! Lee even roasted one in the fire and ate it! (What little meat he could find in it.)



Then we all sat around the fire and sang worship songs while Lee played guitar. It was SO MUCH FUN! I wonder how much sand all 13 of us unknowingly brought back to the house with us?





4 comments:

Summer said...

Looks like so much fun! I miss the beach. And I've been to Grover Beach too....but with Mandi. :)

I'm glad you and John were able to get away and enjoy some R & R along with catching up with family.

Abby K said...

It seemed strange to see the California Litzingers on your website...how fun, it was great to have a quick moment with you guys...come back, we love you both!!!!

Amber Joy said...

we loved every second with you guys. Come back again soon. I'm so happy that you got to go to Hawaii. I'll call you this weekend.

Anonymous said...

I'm always so amazed how much Ken and Rob look alike. SO crazy! I'm so jealous and excited for u guys that u got to go to hawaii, it looks so fun! Thank you for the birthday card!! Miss you guys!

 
Header design by Volo!, Montana Web Design and Consulting