Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Mystery of Christmas...


Hello friends!
Here are some of the few pictures I took in the last two months. I'm glad that even though I kept forgetting to open up my camera I managed to take these wonderful photos. And yes, I have much more family to feature, but this is just a snippet of all the people I love and adore!
In the future I plan to take more
pictures so I can better show you the many things that make the Christmas season everything that it is to me. I love Christmas.

I remember going into this house years ago and the lady that lived there had put a Christmas tree in every room! She even had 3 in the living room and a white, sparkly one in the bathroom! And this was a 4 or 5 bedroom house! So as far as Christmas spirit goes, she's helped me form some sort of meter that says it's okay for me to get as excited as I do about this whole thing. I'm not kidding! If you could read on my heart what it says when I sit under my twinkly Christmas tree and let memories ebb in and out of the branches, I think you'd cry with me. And I think most of you must agree... there is certainly something so special about this time set aside for families, togetherness, kindness, peace, and Christ. And even though I can't always put a finger on why my throat closes up when I hear the beginning three notes of "The First Noel," I know it has something to do with the mystery of how much God loves us.

I also know growing up in a family of all girls predispositioned me to be what some people might think is "overly silly" about everything to do with Christmas. But I think it's allowed. Because now I'm ready for a whole year full of new challenges, new faces, and new life. And I think it's perfectly healthy to take a whole month to reflect on some of my most precious memories during the sweetest, softest time of the year, and be rested up for what's to come.

3 comments:

Amber Joy said...

you are beautiful!

Christel louise said...

My thoughts exactly!! I love that we sisters are all that way. That is what makes us, us... Hope your anniversary was romantic and well spent. I love you and can't wait for when I get to make more time for you.

Abby K said...

So well-written...i love it! It seems like you should get published for your amazing words!

 
Header design by Volo!, Montana Web Design and Consulting