Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Pushing Daisies and Pie

I found a little t.v. program that I really enjoy. Actually, Debra found it, but I've adopted it for my own. I've watched every episode they've made so far, since John started getting them for me from the internet. And It's a breath of fresh air that combines the Technicolor of The Wizard of Oz with the cuteness of a sweet romantic comedy, and then adds the mystery and dead people from C.S.I.! It's poetic, artsy, and just plain fun. It may even be too foofy for those who live for the prime-time dramas. But perhaps they could have Law and Order for dinner and Pushing Daisies for dessert. The sad news is, they haven't scheduled another episode to be aired since the writer's strike, and I don't know if it got enough of a following to keep it going. Which is sad because one of my favorite things about the show is that it features pie. I don't know that I'm the hugest fan of pie or if I just completely adore the idea of pie. After watching Andie Mcdowell sing her pie song in the movie Micheal, I've always want to make pie my favorite dessert. Ice cream will always win though.

So if you want to check it out, I'd download the first episode from the internet, or you can watch it from ABC's website. But no promises that they'll write anymore episodes. It seemed like Debra, Josue, John, and I were the only ones who have ever heard of the show, and we may not have been enough to keep the ratings very high. And since we've only watched it on the internet anyway, Pushing Daisies may end up. . .
. . . dead.

1 comment:

Amber Joy said...

I've heard of this show, but I didn't know anything about it. We might have to check it out. how's work going. love you.

 
Header design by Volo!, Montana Web Design and Consulting